Cheadle and Cheadle - John Cheadle Jr. Cheadle Law Firm Nashville
Sept 28, 2009
Attorney John Cheadle illegally accessed my credit records in an attempt to collect a debt and his office was never given any authorization by me or anyone acting on my behalf to do so. I do not have an account with the creditor he was collecting for (Bank of America). John Cheadle's office said it was likely that it was someone in my family's account with a similar name and address which does not pertain to me. He and his office asked me to verify who I was under the pretense of resolving this matter and then took my driver license number and social security number and pulled a credit report and reported a 25Kjudgment on my credit report without any written/verbal authorization from me. This was fraud and illegal under all state and federal consumer protection guidelines. Bank of America has verified numerous times that the account, Mr.Cheadle is trying to collect on is not mine. Bank of American even went as far as to send the original application at the time of the opening of the account. This information did not match my birth date; social Security number and did not show as my account. All of this information has been faxed to the office of Mr. Cheadle and Handed to him in person on July 13, 2009 in court yet an illegal judgment for the above amount was entered on my credit report due to an illegal use of my personal credit information by Cheadle and his staff. Bank of America executives in Charlotte NC have called me numerous times to confirm this account and information listed does not belong to me. Mr. Cheadle violated almost every FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) when he accessed my credit reports and entered a judgment on them without ever receiving any authorization from me. Since this information was entered I have had a garnishment entered by my employer and numerous creditors raise their interest rates on my accounts and reduce my credit line negatively impacting my credit score due to periodic reviews. In addition this has been a stressful and emotionally draining time and caused numerous overdraft fees due to all of the financial problems created by the judgment and subsequent garnishments. This is a very simple case of a credit collector being abusive and overreaching his authority and disregarding state and federal guidelines. Its a very simply matter I have proven to everyone via the original credit card application that does not show my SS# income, or DOB that does not or has never belonged to me.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "One of Marion Browning-Bakerâ€™s ex-clients informed our network (now a total of 59) recently that Browning-Baker NEVER DEPARTED Germany after all! She only moved apartments and changed her office..."
- "During the period May 2013 to May 2014 I used the legal services of a Pakistani citizen in Dubai. His name is Shakeel A. Mian and he is from the..."
- "Lawyer DeAnn Pladson of Fargo North Dakota illegally withheld stolen software, source code and financial information (all called Stolen Records) refusing to return the stolen records until I, Jon Tollefson,..."
- "Stayed at Calypso Cay...yes timeshare was a rip off but we were smart enough not to buy it...they kept changing the prices...too expensive...why would u pay thousands of dollars just..."
- "I placed a order for 4 tablets from Zicocn.com on June 17, 2011 and its now July 27, 2011. I still have NOT recieve my orders. I have tried to..."
- "Don't waste your money. Produces ill fitting spa covers and won't take any returns, no matter what. Very rude owner. Nice when you are ordering but when the..."
- "I worked with their San Diego location to obtain a loan for a $500k condo in early 2015. Everything seemed too good to be true so I took my wife's..."
- "I just got a Sony MDR-XB400 Extra Bass Over the Ear Headphones Black but the product is not look exactly like it should be in Lazada' page...."
- "What I hate about T.X.U....them trying to convince me that a charge for them delivering my electricity should be almost twice as big as my current usage....see for yourself ..."