Cheadle and Cheadle - John Cheadle Jr. Cheadle Law Firm Nashville
Sept 28, 2009
Attorney John Cheadle illegally accessed my credit records in an attempt to collect a debt and his office was never given any authorization by me or anyone acting on my behalf to do so. I do not have an account with the creditor he was collecting for (Bank of America). John Cheadle's office said it was likely that it was someone in my family's account with a similar name and address which does not pertain to me. He and his office asked me to verify who I was under the pretense of resolving this matter and then took my driver license number and social security number and pulled a credit report and reported a 25Kjudgment on my credit report without any written/verbal authorization from me. This was fraud and illegal under all state and federal consumer protection guidelines. Bank of America has verified numerous times that the account, Mr.Cheadle is trying to collect on is not mine. Bank of American even went as far as to send the original application at the time of the opening of the account. This information did not match my birth date; social Security number and did not show as my account. All of this information has been faxed to the office of Mr. Cheadle and Handed to him in person on July 13, 2009 in court yet an illegal judgment for the above amount was entered on my credit report due to an illegal use of my personal credit information by Cheadle and his staff. Bank of America executives in Charlotte NC have called me numerous times to confirm this account and information listed does not belong to me. Mr. Cheadle violated almost every FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) when he accessed my credit reports and entered a judgment on them without ever receiving any authorization from me. Since this information was entered I have had a garnishment entered by my employer and numerous creditors raise their interest rates on my accounts and reduce my credit line negatively impacting my credit score due to periodic reviews. In addition this has been a stressful and emotionally draining time and caused numerous overdraft fees due to all of the financial problems created by the judgment and subsequent garnishments. This is a very simple case of a credit collector being abusive and overreaching his authority and disregarding state and federal guidelines. Its a very simply matter I have proven to everyone via the original credit card application that does not show my SS# income, or DOB that does not or has never belonged to me.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Preston Rezaee is a divorce attorney in Las Vegas who works at a place called "The Firm" on Charleston Blvd. I went to Mr. Rezaee when I was served with..."
- "I cancelled my account with them back in October and they still continued charging my bank they took $340 out of my bank all at once. Before I signed up..."
- "Leavenworth Lawyer Gary A. Nelson engaged in the following dastardly conduct thereby creating the "Nelson Maneuver." "The Nelson Maneuver" Get a Law Degree and turn it into a..."
- "Typical Lowes or even Home Depot story. During the booms, they get in to contracting business and then find out they don't know what they are doing. Lowes..."
- "This product has broken my whole body and my hair has soars in them my name is nina hawkins 678_613_6445..."
- "A guy insured by USAA opened his car door into my moving car and did approx $3K damage to my new car. It was unintentional but he admitted it to..."
- "We bought this leather lounge from Harvey Norman and sale person insist on buying the 5 years Multimaster Ultimate Product Warranty and saying it will cover all common accident like..."
- "Ive had many ad experiences with usps. With all the drone craze going on in our country, i picked up on the hobby. This requires order after order of..."
- "I bought a bag of Clover Valley Tropical Trail Mix on 10/2015 and the mix is rancid, I called the number in the back and gave all information Cll #..."